Disability Support Worker
About The Role:
- Casual Positions
- Various locations throughout - Eastern/ South Eastern/ Inner Eastern Suburbs
- Not For Profit - Salary Packaging Available
- Contribute to and be part of EACH Community
Our customers have various support needs, and depending on the customer, your role as a Support Worker may involve manual handling, community access, transportation, personal care and companionship.
We support people 24 hours a day, every day - including mornings, evenings, weekends, active nights and sleep overs. We therefore have opportunities for various times and hours throughout the week to suit your lifestyle and availability, although flexibility is appreciated.
EACH is a creative, responsive, innovative organisation that provides leadership and excellence through the provision of a diverse range of integrated services that improve health, wellbeing and community participation throughout Australia.
EACH is guided by the principles of the social model of health; holistic service provision; continuous quality improvement; consumer and community participation; and development of the diverse social aspects of the community we work in.
A bit about you?
Are you an experienced Disability Support Workers who is enthusiastic and passionate in assisting people to live independently within their local community? We require skilled workers who can demonstrate building strong relationships and trust with the people they support and empower.
- Understanding of people with disabilities
- Commitment to customer care
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to accept direction and work without constant supervision
- Demonstrated experience working with people with disabilities
Whilst lived experience is highly valued, a minimum of a Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent is preferred whilst a Certificate IV in Community Care/Disability, Home & Community Care or equivalent will impress.
- National Police Check - successful applicants to complete prior to commencement. People with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this job. Each application will be considered on its merits.
- Current Victorian Driver's Licence and reliable roadworthy motor vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
- Valid and current Working with Children Check.
Why You Should Apply:
- Be part of and contribute to our EACH community
- Flexibility in working hours to suit work-life balance needs
- Work locally
- OH&S to ensure safe work environment and culture
- Salary packaging to optimise salary benefits
For specific information about the role, please contact: Kylie Good - eachchoice on (03) 8720 1125.
All disability staff MUST undergo or provide a current Police Check, a Working with Children Check card, a current First Aid/CPR level 2 certificate and to complete a DWES check.
Vacancy closes 5pm, Friday, 29 June 2018.