Trainee Dental Assistant
About The Role: Located in the Eastern Suburbs, EACH seeks an enthusiastic and mature minded person to undertake a Traineeship- Dental Assisting within our oral health team. The successful candidate will join our large multi-disciplinary team and work in a busy 17 chair public dentistry surgery in Ferntree Gully and Ringwood East.
- Fixed Term Position
- Eastern Suburbs Location
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
We provide a range of health, disability, counselling and mental health services across Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, ACT and Tasmania.
We recognise that not everyone experiences life equally, due to a range of factors including gender, socio-economic status, cultural background and education level.
Our focus therefore, is about creating opportunities for equitable outcomes. No matter what someone's starting place, we will support them to achieve their hopes and aspirations.
We embrace diversity in all its forms and respect everyone's strength and contributions irrespective of gender, ethnicity, culture, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political views.
The successful applicant will provide assistance to the dental operators in all facets of the delivery of safe, high quality, efficient and effective public dental services.
- Demonstrate a commitment to undertake and complete a Certificate III in Dental Assisting.
- Have the ability to display empathy and an understanding of diversity in relation to the needs of people accessing services at EACH.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional and personal education.
- Be able to work in a team environment with a commitment and enthusiasm for community dental work and to quality health service provision.
- Demonstrate reliability, punctuality and a commitment to their teams' activities.
- Have excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of maintaining privacy and confidentiality, in particular with regards to client records and information.
- Intermediate level of IT skills (in particular MS Office Suite and client management/database systems).
- Current driver's licence
To review and address the Key Selection Criteria of this position, please click on the apply button. Previous applicants need not apply.
For specific information about the role, please contact: Fiona Tobias - Team Coordinator Program Operations on 97576200
Vacancy closes 5pm, Monday, 28 May 2018.
For a full position description and/or to apply on line please visit our Careers Centre at http://each.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies.
We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusions brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies.
Please note that all appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening checks including; Police Record Check, Working with Children Check, Disability Work Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks and APHRA Registration Check.