Youth Worker - Reconnect - Part Time
As a youth worker, you will provide a diverse range of services including support, mediation and group work to young people and their families across the Kempsey & Port Macquarie area who are homeless, at risk of homelessness or in need of support.
- Part Time Position - 30 hours per week
- Fixed Term until 30 June 2023
- Kempsey & Port Macquarie Location, NSW
About the Role:
The key objective of this role is to:
- Support homeless young people and those at risk of homelessness to develop personal skills and attributes that promote wellbeing and support positive life choices
- Assist young people at risk to connect with education, family and community and to achieve successful education and transition outcomes
- Explore restoration of family ties
- Working collaboratively within the Service Region to strengthen service delivery outcomes for young people at risk
- Provide an effective and responsive range of diverse services for children, young people and families in the Kempsey and Port Macquarie region.
- Interventions utilized may include counselling, mediation, family therapy, group work, and training with a focus on empowerment and building the resilience and skills of the young person
- Appropriate degree/qualifications relevant to working with young people and families.
- Minimum Certificate IV level
- Experience and a passion for working with the marginalised and vulnerable, young people with complex issues
- Demonstrated experience in working with young people and understanding of adolescent development, for example, well developed counselling, mediation, assessment and case management skills
- Knowledge of the services, networks and referral pathways that are needed by and are available to young people
- Experience in working with Indigenous communitiesWell developed interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy in Windows, Word, Email and Excel
- A current driver's licence
Why You Should Apply?
Values and the way we interact with each other and our customers are extremely important to us. We Care, We Listen, We Engage, We Deliver. Not For Profit Salary Packaging Available.
You are a dynamic, passionate and highly motivated individual with a relevant qualification who wants to make a difference in supporting young people at risk. If you have experience in working with young people and families, schools and ATSI people and possess excellent interpersonal skills then we want to hear from you.
A contemporary not-for-profit EACH provides a range of health disability, counselling and mental health services to the community. From humble beginnings established in the Outer East of Melbourne over 44 years ago, committed teams at EACH now consist of over 1300 staff across 65 sites throughout the eastern states of Australia. Together we support over 40 000 clients annually.
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community. Our values promote Customer Centricity, Social Justice, Service Excellence, Innovation and Collaboration - and these underpin the way we work and deliver our services. You can find out more about us here - http://www.each.com.au
We recognise that not everyone experiences life equally. Our focus is about creating opportunities for equitable outcomes. No matter what someone's starting place, we will support them to achieve their goals.
We embrace diversity in all its forms and respect everyone's strength and contributions irrespective of gender, ethnicity, culture, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political views.
Applicants are requested to submit a resume and cover letter outlining their suitability for the role.
For a full position description and/or to apply on line please visit our Careers Centre at http://each.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies.
For specific information about the role, please contact: Jenny Sinclair, NSW Operations Manager ph 0457 517 290
Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted by 9/01/2019 Interviews are expected to take place from 14/01/2019
Vacancy closes 5pm 23/12/2018
We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusions brings, and in turn encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies.
Please note that all appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening checks including; Police Record Check, Working with Children Check, Disability Work Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks and APHRA Registration Check.