Individual Support Worker - Casual - Devonport Region
Provide client support to Social Activity group.
About the Role:
The Individual support worker provides exceptional service in supporting clients to meet their individual goals and needs as identified in their service delivery plans.
The key objectives are to support the clients to access and participate in their community. The emphasis is on a person directed service model that assists clients in tailoring support and services necessary to meet the individuals requirements.
Support provided is underpinned by an individual plan and support framework. Support and plans are flexible and responsive to suit the clients needs and interests.
- Well- developed interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to build reliable and trust -based relationships with clients.
- Demonstrated empathy and compassion towards people and their individual needs.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to perform tasks as instructed.
- Basic computer and technical skills including software and usage of mobile devices.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of displayed behaviours in line with EACH'S service principles.
- Actively contributes and participates as part of an integrated service team.
- Participates in all mandatory training requirements that supports the delivery of safe and effective service provision.
- A current Drivers Licence
- Cert 3 in Individual support or equivalent
- Full motor vehicle comprehensive Insurance - or willingness to acquire prior to start
- Working with children check
- National Police Check clearance
Why You Should Apply?
- Join a vibrant and innovative not for profit organisation committed to an integrated approach to service, and help make a positive difference in the lives of over forty thousand people each year.
- Values and the way we interact with each other and our customers are extremely important to us. We Care, We Listen, We Engage, We Deliver.
- We strive to provide seamless coordinated care. Whilst we are not there yet, we are constantly working on our processes with a commitment to service, advocacy and innovation to achieve this.
- We are situated within the community and in most cases close to major shopping precincts.
- We offer a family friendly workplace
A contemporary not-for-profit EACH provides a range of health disability, counselling and mental health services to the community. From humble beginnings established in the Outer East of Melbourne over 44 years ago, committed teams at EACH now consist of over 1300 staff across 65 sites throughout the eastern states of Australia. Together we support over 40 000 clients annually.
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community. Our values promote Customer Centricity, Social Justice, Service Excellence, Innovation and Collaboration - and these underpin the way we work and deliver our services. You can find out more about us here - http://www.each.com.au
We recognise that not everyone experiences life equally. Our focus is about creating opportunities for equitable outcomes. No matter what someone's starting place, we will support them to achieve their goals.
We embrace diversity in all its forms and respect everyone's strength and contributions irrespective of gender, ethnicity, culture, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political views.
Applicants are requested to submit a resume and cover letter outlining their suitability for the role.
For a full position description and/or to apply on line please visit our Careers Centre at http://each.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies.
For specific information about the role, please contact: Donna LindridgeTeam Leader - North West Tasmania (03) 64233125 or 0437 405 661
Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted by 31/01/2019
Interviews are expected to take place from 7/02/2019
Vacancy closes 5pm 21/01/2019
We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusions brings, and in turn encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies.
Please note that all appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening checks including; Police Record Check, Working with Children Check, Disability Work Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks and APHRA Registration Check.