Support Worker - Casual
Assist our customers to lead an enriching and fulfilling life.
- Work close to home
- Multiple locations within South Eastern Melbourne region available
- Join our community of Support Workers
- Various shifts to fit in with your lifestyle
About the Role:
Our customers are diverse and support needs vary - what they all need is exceptional service and support to help them meet daily living, health and wellbeing needs. If you are looking for a varied and rewarding role that fits in with your lifestyle this could be the right one for you. The work will vary depending on the unique needs of the customer and may require manual lifting. We support people every day - including mornings, evenings and weekends.
Our support workers are as diverse as our customers. You might be an experienced Support Worker or currently studying a health related degree or an experienced allied health practitioner.
What EACH supports workers have in common is an enthusiasm and passion for assisting people to live independently within their local community.
We require skilled workers who can demonstrate building strong relationships and trust with the people they support and empower.
We are seeking:
- A minimum Certificate III - Individual Support Worker or equivalent
- Experience working with people with complex needs, challenging behaviours and a variety of disabilities
- Commitment to customer care
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to accept direction and work with minimal supervision
- Strong administrative skills in order to keep accurate client records, complete incident reports, case notes and complete monthly reports as required
- Ability to follow and implement individual service plans, healthcare and positive behaviour support plans
To succeed in this role you will need to possess a personable demeanour with good social awareness, composure, perseverance and dedication in the face of challenges as the role may be both physically and emotionally demanding.
- National Police Check - successful applicants to complete prior to commencement.
- Current WWCC (Employee Status)
- Current Victorian Driver's Licence and reliable roadworthy motor vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- Two reference checks
- An understanding of the terms of the Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme and agreement to participate in the scheme
- Mobile Device with 4G data available
- Certificate IV Disability or current university studies in relevant discipline such as nursing, personal care, psychology, allied health etc.
- Certification of Administration of Medication & Manual Handling
Why You Should Apply?
Join a vibrant and innovative not for profit organisation committed to an integrated approach to service, and help make a positive difference in the lives of over forty thousand people each year. Values and the way we interact with each other and our customers are extremely important to us. We Care, We Listen, We Engage, We Deliver.
We strive to provide seamless coordinated care. Whilst we are not there yet, we are constantly working on our processes with a commitment to service, advocacy and innovation to achieve this. We are situated within the community and in most cases close to major shopping precincts. We offer a family friendly workplace. Not For Profit Salary Packaging Available.
Why You Should Apply? Be part of and contribute to our EACH community. Flexibility in working hours to suit work-life balance needs. Opportunities to progress to a part-time role.
A contemporary not-for-profit EACH provides a range of health disability, counselling and mental health services to the community. From humble beginnings established in the Outer East of Melbourne over 44 years ago, committed teams at EACH now consist of over 1300 staff across 65 sites throughout the eastern states of Australia. Together we support over 40 000 clients annually.
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community. Our values promote Customer Centricity, Social Justice, Service Excellence, Innovation and Collaboration - and these underpin the way we work and deliver our services. You can find out more about us here - http://www.each.com.au
We recognise that not everyone experiences life equally. Our focus is about creating opportunities for equitable outcomes. No matter what someone's starting place, we will support them to achieve their goals.
We embrace diversity in all its forms and respect everyone's strength and contributions irrespective of gender, ethnicity, culture, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political views.
Applicants are requested to submit a resume and cover letter outlining their suitability for the role.
For a full position description and/or to apply on line please visit our Careers Centre at http://each.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies.
For specific information about the role, please contact: Lisa Gort on (03) 8781 9500.
Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted by12/04/2019 Interviews are expected to take place from 15/04/2019
Vacancy closes 5pm 31/05/2019
We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusions brings, and in turn encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies.
Please note that all appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening checks including; Police Record Check, Working with Children Check, Disability Work Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks and APHRA Registration Check.